Catch Me

I feel like last night and today have been a rough battle, and I'm not sure that I've come out of it yet, but I was writing and somehow ended up with this poem. It's weird because the poem is what I'm feeling right now, but the tone is somehow much more positive than how I'm actually feeling.


"Catch Me"

Lord, I feel you near me,

I know Your hands are stretched out to help me,

And yet I'm blindly reaching into nothing.

I long to feel Your arms surround me,

But I fear stepping away from where I stand.


If I take a step,

Will You catch me?

If I cry out for help,

Will You hear me?


Seeking You,

I've traveled far.

Weary and tiring of this heavy load,

I'm falling to my knees before You.

I'm begging You to hold me fast.


I'm stepping out,

Will You catch me?

I'm crying out Your name,

Do You hear me?


Often I've stumbled,

I've lost sight of You.

Circling back to my own fulfillment,

I come up empty every time.

Father, I need Your strength.


I'm stepping out,

I know You will catch me.

I'm crying out to You,

I know You hear me.


Though I fear,

Though I doubt,

When I'm overwhelmed,

And feel myself falling into darkness,

You are always with me.


I've taken a step,

And You have caught me

I've called to You,

And You've drawn me into Your arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment